Press - Korky
Burlington, WI 53105 US
This position is responsible for the setup and operation of high-volume horizontal injection molding machines and related auxiliary equipment within the press department.
- Perform authorized machine and parameter adjustments needed to maintain part quality and production targets.
- Perform press start up and shut down procedures.
- Perform minor servicing of the press, including, but not limited to: feeding stock, spraying mold, and removal of stuck parts.
- Inspect, trim, and perform any secondary operations required on molded parts.
- Assemble and package finished goods as needed.
- Perform manual material handling as required.
- Crosstrain in Horizontal and Vertical Injection work teams as required.
- Record and submit accurate production and quality data, work records, etc., appropriate to the position.
- Perform department TPM and/or 5S checklists as assigned.
- Follow standard work, line clearance and setup verification procedures relevant to position.
- Follow PPE and safety rules specified for the work area.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Train others within the work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Position Skills Requirements:
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and use measuring devices.
- Ability to perform the job and meet production and quality targets on a consistent basis.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment.
- Normal factory environment with exposure to dust, noise, and temperature variations.