Manufacturing Engineer - Technician
Delavan, WI 53115- US
Model parts and assemblies in Solidworks. Export 3D file to Partmaker software. Make 2D drawings.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, The Manufacturing Design Technician will model parts and assemblies in Solidworks, Make 2D drawings for manufacturing processing, export file to Partmaker for CNC coding. Lean manufacturing.
- Model parts using Solidworks software
- Make manufacturing drawings
- Use CAM software to develop manufacturing processes and programs
- Program CNC machines
- Export Program CNC vertical machining centers and lathes utilizing CAD/CAM Software or programming manually.
- Analyze written specifications, drawings, and oral instructions to plan sequence of operations.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to set up and release to production.
- Work independently including ordering tooling, maintain machine shop data bases, and shop supplies, as necessary.
- Provide equipment recommendations relative to new technology and production improvements.
- Provide tooling recommendations relative to new technology supporting production improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Work knowledge of Solidworks software; can make 3D parts models
- Obtained or will obtain an Associate degree in Manufacturing related field OR has obtained Certification(s) and/or Technical diploma in Manufacturing related field preferred
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning tolerance and blueprint reading; ability to read precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers
- Advanced technical math (machine shop math) and Word/Excel/Access software skills CAD/CAM/Solid Works/Solid Works HSM/Part Marker experience preferred
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data
- Strong decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Exhibit Company core values of integrity and accountability.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing essential functions:
- General office environment
- Exposure to moderate noises
- Temperature variances
- Exposure to fumes, chemicals, and airborne particles