Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd shift
Kenosha, WI 53144- US
Provide a high level of troubleshooting, diagnostic and repair of building systems, equipment and equipment components which includes heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, compressors, chillers, condensers, pumps, piping, and plumbing. Perform maintenance service and repairs in the areas of carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical, company grounds and vehicle servicing. Perform preventative maintenance of critical facility and production equipment on a regularly scheduled basis.
2 ND Shift: 2: 30pm 11: 00am with OT when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working from blueprints, wiring diagrams, specifications, maintenance work orders and instructions, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a variety of production equipment including: NC turret presses, laser, brake presses, punch presses, kick presses, drill presses, spot welders, seam welder, shears, riveters, robot welder, assembly lines, packaging equipment, heat stake equipment, power tools machine tools, tool grinders, etc.
- Address production repairs immediately to minimize downtime
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with planning work so laborers (especially temps) have a source of work always before them to keep them productive
- May direct the work of Maintenance Assistants or Janitors (regular hourly employees, temporary employees and/or seasonal employees) under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Production Manager.
- On a monthly basis, review all timed facility and grounds lighting to assure that proper safety lighting is provided
- Perform weekly inspection of all machine guards to assure proper installation and functionality
- Safely store all machine fluids, cleaning fluids, paints, etc. In designated storage areas or cabinets
- In identified logs, document all maintenance performed to equipment and machinery. Keep appropriate department Supervisor informed of repair status and equipment condition. Ensure all safeguards are properly installed and used.
- Ensure all Maintenance tooling and equipment is in ready-to-use condition
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all major tools in the Maintenance Department
- Sustain maintenance history files on all tools and equipment costing over $100
- Make recommendations for beneficial tool and equipment investments
- Report immediately to the Production Manager any required major equipment repair or unsafe conditions. Maintain a follow-up procedure on all maintenance items.
- Assist management in new equipment evaluation as required
- Assist with meeting or company function set-ups
- Assist with grounds maintenance including landscaping, salting and snow removal, etc.
- Provide service on an emergency basis, on overtime, weekends and during plant shutdown as required, ensuring system and equipment up-time
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow and promote federal, state and company safety rules, safe operating procedures/practices; monitor and assure compliance, guiding all employees to follow safety rules, procedures and practices
- Follow all ISO procedures and guidelines regarding preventive and periodic maintenance of equipment
- Active participation in ongoing individual training /development program(s)
- Set goals and objectives with Manager; look for ways to improve quality and productivity
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in Maintenance department and all areas where maintenance work has been performed
- Report abnormalities in equipment, machines, programs and processes, etc.
- Engage in cross-training and perform backup functions to other Maintenance team members and Supervisor as instructed.
- Minimum high school diploma; technical school graduate preferred
- 5+ years facility maintenance experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as required to converse with/discuss operations, general directions and other Maintenance-related tasks with vendors, employees, etc.
- Ability to analyze and develop solutions to difficult mechanical and electrical problems
- Ability to solve maintenance-related problems with building utility systems, HVAC units and electrical control systems
- Broad base of knowledge; familiarity with generally accepted building plumbing, piping, electrical and fire protection practices and codes
- Must follow and ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Familiarity with plant Standard Operating Procedures and lean manufacturing practices
- Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams and precision instruments
- Thorough knowledge of area of responsibility; limited supervision required
- Certified operation of forklift
- High level of self-initiative and dependability
- Must be flexible to perform overtime duties and adjust schedule as required
- Must be flexible and willing to pitch in as needed
- Resourceful and highly organized with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage, prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Must possess positive, respectful, " can-do" attitude.
- Including, but not limited to a ssorted power tools, assorted hand tools, MIG and stick welders, cutting torch, pipe threader, metal chop saw, band saw, drill press, circular table saw, miter saw, bench grinder, angle grinder, drill bit sharpener, electric meters, conduit benders, solder gun, hydraulic lift, fork lift, pallet jack, paint sprayer, power washer, snow plow, etc.
- PC/Computer terminal; Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook; Vantage software
This job is performed under direct supervision and within the guidelines of authorized company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and business ethics.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and departmental objectives; and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.