Sturtevant, WI 53177 US
The Junior Accountant has a unique character by combining two different types of responsibilities. First, this position is part of the A/R team and ensures that the company receives payment for all goods and services sold to customers. This position will review data using system-generated reports and perform timely, accurate and complete account reviews, collections activities and account maintenance for company customers in a strong collaboration with Customer Service team to resolve client disputes and follow through to satisfactory resolution. Additionally, the role will support the finance team with Accounting and General Ledger activities. 2
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer A/R issues, discrepancies and past-due amounts with cross functional assistance.
- Resolves past-due invoices and customer claims on a timely basis, including proactive identification of account issues directly with customers by phone, e-mail and meetings.
- Identifies root causes of complex payment issues & trends and escalates to management if required.
- Monitor and manage A/R position to target level as indicated in Power BI reporting and aligned to company goals.
- Creates and prepares reports regarding the current A/R status of customer accounts, reporting to management on progress.
- Responds directly to customer requirements in reference to invoices.
- Ensures compliance with the global processes.
- Operates independently within defined scope of responsibility under regular supervision.
- Carries out, conveys, and strengthens the mission, values, and culture of the company.
- Proposes innovations applicable to the tasks and responsibilities in reference to customer-centricity and process efficiency.
Timely posting of cash and proper application
- within the system; scanning checks received at the office; reviewing & mailing statements to the customers.
- Invoice customers daily by running billing cycle, printing, and mailing invoices.
- Invoice billing portal customers on various billing platforms (Ariba, Coupa, Oracle, Athena, etc.).
- Match credit and debit notes within the A/R module.
- Prepare write-off recommendations for bad debt provision.
- Assists the Finance team with general accounting procedures.
- Performs general ledger procedures under guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Communicate with Finance Manager regarding customer issues in a prompt manner.
- Support with month-end close and balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Assume responsibility for special projects, various administrative/clerical tasks, or ad-hoc duties as assigned by Finance Manager.
- Bachelor s degree is required
- 1-2 years of direct A/R and/ or Accounting experience or collections activities, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- A mathematical background and ability to calculate accounting data, with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent Excel skills, intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with an ERP is a plus
- Billing portal experience is a plus
- Spanish fluency is a plus