Journeyman Tool & Die Maker
Racine, WI 53402 United States of America
Summary of Position:
plastic injection molder and contract manufacturer of small, precision plastic parts and pneumatic regulators, switches and components. We service customers with items from medical components to precision metering and dilution equipment.
seeking a Journeyman Toolmaker that is committed to quality, forming precision parts, and motivated to continually grow and improve in his or her career. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to work well with others, and follow direction and instructions. The position interacts regularly with our Design, Molding and Final Assembly teams to provide injection molds, tools and assembly fixtures for our vertically integrated, privately-held company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain plastic injection molds, mold components and production tooling. Troubleshooting a mold in a press or by inspecting molded parts may be required.
• Maintain production tooling within quality standards
• Interpret complex detail and component drawings. Produce parts to print tolerances within .0005”where applicable
• Experience with maintaining Plastic Injection Molding tools and the ability to complete change-over of tools
• Communicate effectively with operators, set-up personnel, and supervisors on all shifts regarding tooling requirements, and die and equipment status
• Complete all required paperwork, quality records, documents, etc.
• Comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards, and clean/restock area at end of shift
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or leadman
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings; and safely operate all tool room machinery
• Basic knowledge of programming (conversationally) CNC mills such as Hurco Win-Max and Accurite Mill Power
• Familiarity with tool room machinery such as lathes, mills, and surface grinders, both manual and CNC
• Demonstrated understanding of modern Plastic Injection Molding principles
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with whole numbers and decimals; understand geometric functions and perform basic calculations; and perform trigonometry calculations as needed
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, lead personnel, and supervisors
• Ability to work with minimum supervision while maintaining acceptable levels of productivity
• Must possess basic computer skills necessary to function in a Global Shop inventory control and computer scheduling environment
• Must own basic tool room tools and have a common understanding of micrometers, depth micrometers, and dial calipers
• Must be able to move 100lbs with assist and ability to lift 50lbs.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time while machining
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Requires a state-indentured Tool & Die Maker apprenticeship
• OR 10 years equivalent experience
• Must be familiar with Plastic Injection Molding tools and principals. Advanced tooling knowledge in Hydraulic tool actions, two shot molding or other specialty tooling is a plus