Halpin Staffing Services http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61634/logos/400x400.png http://www.halpinservices.com http://www.halpinservices.com true
Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer
Milwaukee, WI 53207 US
Posted: 06/03/2023 2023-06-03 2023-07-04 Industry: Manufacturing Job Number: 42834
Requires metals manufacturing experience and knowledge
- Identify waste and drive improvements in the shop and office utilizing lean tools to lead Problem Solving, Corrective Action/Root Cause Analysis, Process Mapping, Kaizen Events, 5S, Kanban, Standard Work, Visual Management, and other CI efforts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify improvement opportunities and drive change across the organization.
- Lead CI and cost savings activities; Track and execute improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain both short and long-term Continuous Improvement Strategy.
- Measure and report progress for group level activities on an on-going basis and report on the progress of improvement initiatives to management and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing plant data to identify impactful business opportunities and drive action.
- Follow-up, follow-through, and audit for sustainment.
- Deliver practical, hands-on training and coaching to associates on Lean Manufacturing tools to eliminate waste in all administrative, manufacturing and support functions.
- Positively promote CI and act as a change agent (leader) to instill a Problem Solving and CI culture.
- Contribute to strategic planning.
- Serve as a Power User for the PLEX ERP system.
- Support Quality and the Quality Management System
- Uncompromising respect for people and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Willing and able to Lead by example and follow through on commitments.
- Creative / Innovative - able to see possibilities and opportunities in most situations.
- Thinks beyond the day-to-day, taking a long-term, big-picture view of the business.
- Finds the right balance between sticking to plans and adjusting them to changing conditions and understands that different situations may call for different approaches.
- Ability to overcome resistance to organizational change, influence both hourly and salaried employees to embrace it, and lead the change initiative.
- Facilitates effective collaboration among coworkers and external partners.
- Involves others in making decisions on behalf of the group.
- Fosters a sense of urgency in the team for reaching goals and meeting deadlines.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing based on business needs.
- Requires high level of plant floor presence to establish extensive knowledge of processes and opportunities for improvement. Engaging employees at all levels in identifying solutions.
- Able to see that even the smallest improvement is CI and willing to work on the little stuff as much as the big stuff.
- 5+ years background in Industrial or Process Engineering, Process-Based Management, Manufacturing Leadership, and/or Business Leadership preferred.
- 3+ years of results-driven problem-solving experience using industry-standard methodology (PDCA, DMAIC, etc.) and Lean tools required.
- Project Management skills preferred.
- Process minded able to understand technical processes, both manufacturing and support areas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented and organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.