Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 United States of America
CAD Designer / Drafter - Illustrated Parts List (IPL) Creator
It is an hourly position, and can be good for a current student on a mechanical engineering path to get some CAD (Solidworks) experience. It is designed to be a stepping stone type position.
Manufacturer of pressure washers, generators, and other outdoor power equipment. We are currently seeking an industrial CAD Designer / Drafter to create illustrated parts lists (IPL) to support our growing technical services team.
Work with bills of materials (BOMs), internal parts routings, write engineering change requests (ECR), write engineering change orders (ECO), use MAS / SAGE 500 software, and utilize product data management (PDM) software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Access existing 3D models via PDM.
• Create 2D IPLs from existing (or by creating) 3D SolidWorks models.
• Read, edit, modify, and/or create BOMs.
• Create parts routings in MAS / SAGE 500.
• Write ECRs and/or ECOs.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Strong mechanical intuition.
• Proficient with SolidWorks 3D modeling and detailing.
• Proficient with SolidWorks PDM.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software.
• Logical thinking with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong desire to learn.
• Previous experience in the Outdoor Power Equipment or Power Tools industry preferred but not required.
• Experience working in a multi-channel retail business/industry is a plus.
High School diploma or GED.
Technical degree in mechanical design or similar discipline, SolidWorks certification, or other similar training and/or certifications