Zion, IL 60099 United States of America
This position performs accounting services for a production facility, applying generally accepted accounting principles in the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, as well prepares and analyzes financial, statistical, and/or technical reports. Candidates with prior manufacturing experience are highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the maintenance of the balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare & input journal entries (monthly, adjusting, and recurring)
• Participate in the month-end close
• Perform monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts and related schedules
• Preparation quarterly forecasts, and the annual budget
• Audit and proof accounting reports for clerical accuracy, adhering to standard accounting principles and to the company's procedures
• Monitor and analyze inventory activity, including scrap and inventory adjustments
• AP and AR functions
• Weekly timekeeping and payroll processing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Previous accounting experience in a manufacturing facility
• QuickBooks experience required
• Knowledge of ERP systems preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Possess the ability to understand the global environment and how the product costing contributes to the organization.
• Ability to meet communicated deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task