Kenosha, WI 53144 United States of America
Staff Accountant - Freight
The Finance Team supports the organization through preparation of month-end financial statements, the recording and maintaining of the business financial records in a timely manner, and providing insight and analysis to trends and other financial queries.
Who are you?
You embody the principles of Passion, Collaboration, Integrity, Inventiveness, and Proactivity. You will be part of a team that strives to provide excellent service and thought leadership to our clients and want to bring your best to the organization and see your work brought to life.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Staff Accountant on the Finance team, you will support the day to day accounting function, prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for month end close, track all movements in freight accounts, assist with actual vs. plan variance analysis, and assist with compliance reporting. This position will report to the Freight Supervisor and will also work closely with the Senior Accounting Manager. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced casual environment, solving interesting problems and enjoy detail oriented tasks.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Download freight data files for consolidation and reconciliation
• Reconcile invoices and orders to ensure they are recorded accurately for either incoming or outgoing shipments
• Identify and troubleshoot invoicing errors and discrepancies
• Work with cross-functional teams on understanding operations and freight services by client
• Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations for accuracy, verifying audit substantiation and ensuring reconciling items clear in a timely manner
• Ensure freight pay and billing processes comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance guidelines
• Assist with month-end cutoff and accounting for accruals
• Provide audit documentation within deadlines for Sarbanes-Oxley Testing & other audit requests
• Ad Hoc reporting as necessary
The Skills and Experience you have
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance - Will take associates degree with experience in lieu of bachelors degree
• Recent grads welcomed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good working knowledge of Excel
• Team-player who can also work independently with attention to detail